Mia Qing Wilson

Monday, December 19, 2011

Forever Family Day

 “For this child I prayed: and the Lord has granted me the petition that I made to him.”
1 Samuel 1:27

As I write this blog our new daughter Li Qing is sitting on the bed with her Barbie doll smiling at her new daddy.  Today was our "Forever Family Day" aka "Gotcha Day."  It went by in a whirlwind.  We left Beijing this morning and flew to Qing's province of Hubei to the city of Wuhan.  We came back to the hotel for about an hour to get unpacked and get our gifts together.  Then we were off to the Civil Affairs office to meet Li Qing.  We got there sat down on the bench.  Then the next thing I new these two ladies were bringing this smiling little girl into the room.  Butch and I were completely in shock.  Not sure if we even had our camera ready or not.  She was so very tiny looking and had a big smile on her face.  She immediately said "Mama" and "Baba."  She had our pictures in her backpack  and quickly got out her album.  She loves looking at the pictures and repeats our names when she sees us in the pictures.  She wants to see the rest of her family!!

We have the Google translate up and it has been a tremendous help.  We type in English what we want to say to her.  The problem is she can't communicate with us so well.  She is very shy, but amazingly happy.  When we first got back to the hotel room and the guide left us she had some tears running down her face.  I think she realized at that point she really wasn't going to go back to her home. It broke our hearts.  So on the bed, Li Qing, Butch and myself had a good cry.  I rocked her and told her we love her very much and that all will be okay.  We dried our tears and have been having a fun time reading books and playing.  I know she will endure more grieving in the future, but for now she is trying to be strong and accept us.  

Tomorrow morning we go back to the civil affairs office and tell them whether or not we want to officially adopt her.  They would have to literally rip her from my arms before I would give her back.  She is so sweet and has been waiting for us to come and get her.  They gave us a book with some baby pictures in it and I will be able to send pictures back to the orphanage.  I think after some time she is going to adapt quickly.  

This little girl is truly a blessing and I can't wait to share her with our family and friends!!  We can feel your prayers, so please keep them coming.  Enjoying the comments.  Thank you!!

Forever a Family!

Loves her Baba

A smile to melt your heart

Playing cards with her Baba

7 comments:

  1. George and Cherie BartgesDecember 19, 2011 at 7:58 AM

    Gramme and Poppy have been moved to tears with each look at our new little Grand daughter. We feel the love, hope, and happiness God has blessed us with. Mia was all we could think of yesterday at church as it was the childrens performance of the birth of our savior. Now its a new birth for our family. What a joy. Jo, Mia's other grandmother will get to see the blog as when we go to lunch today I will bring our computer along, so she can see the blog. It sure does look cold there, and we thank you so much for sharing the trip and blog with us. Welcome to our Wonderful loving family Mia. Praise God that you are chosen for a new beginning and a wonderful life full of love, prayers. family, church and so much more. Love Gramme and Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW BUTCH!!! I am so excited for you and your new family! We are all here in the office proud and happy! She is quite a strong and joyful child. This is a great new God Blessed begining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sitting at my desk here at work with tears of joy streaming. I'm so, so, so happy for you. Thanks for letting us follow you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, do you know how hard it is to read your blog with tears streaming down my face?? Thankfully, I can type without looking at the keys, or this would be pretty much impossible. I can't express how happy I am right now and cannot begin to imagine how yall feel. What a beautiful blessing this whole experience is! What a wonderful God we serve! I cannot wait until yall are home so I can meet Mia. Praying for all of you every time I think of you (which is often)! Love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you and your family! She is BEAUTIFUL and I can't wait to meet her! She's a perfect blessing from God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a powerful little engine she's got! I don't know yet the great things God intends, but I feel her positive energy and strength already...she was just waiting for you and Butch to add your calm and sweet spirits to guide her. I can't wait to watch what God already knows! Love you!

    ReplyDelete