Mia Qing Wilson

Monday, December 26, 2011

Day Twelve - Guangzhou Zoo

Today our group went to the Guangzhou Zoo and had a great time.  Such a beautiful zoo with lush plants and lots of wild life.  The pandas didn't come too close and couldn't get a really great picture of them.  Mia had a blast feeding the giraffes.  Was able to get some video of her doing that.  They will come right up to you and take branches out of your hand.    The weather was absolutely perfect.  Even though by Chinese standards we are not dressing our children warm enough.  The Chinese layer their children with lots of layers.  When I say lots that can mean 7 layers on babies.  It can be hot out side and still 3-4 layers are required.  I do keep her layered up.  I don't want her to catch a cold and get sick.  We can get adjusted when we get home.  It is just a different culture because they do not have central heat or air in the homes.  All of the clothes that I bought are way too big, but I'm thinking with the way she is eating they will be fitting soon.  I think she eats just about as much as Butch and I combined.    Mia is also becoming so much more vocal.  After going shopping yesterday and Butch telling her a hundred times "Don't Touch" she repeated that phrase the entire night.  "Don't touch Baba!"  Then she laughs.   She repeats just about everything we ask her too.  Also she has been singing in Chinese to us.  She is quite the comedian.  I must say that my Mandarin is getting better.  Simple words I can handle.  Larger phrases she will just have to learn the English way.   She is definitely TONS of fun.  Tomorrow is our last paperwork appointment which makes our Chinese adoption final. 


Baba, Mia and Panda in background

Panda eating bamboo

Came a bit closer

Beautiful Giraffes
Fun feeding the giraffes 

Always Happy!



3 comments:

  1. Yes, the safari park day was one of my favorite days of the trip...great fun! Looks like you had beautiful weather as well; it was rainy the day we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie and Butch, I have enjoyed reading about your journey to Mia. She sounds like quite the little bundle of love and excitement. I wish all of you the best and may God continue to bless all of you. Safe travels home, and hope to see you once y'all are all settled. I'd love to meet Miss Mia! Take care and much love!!! Gejetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy reading your posts and seeing the pictures! Guangzhou was one of my cities when I worked for Exxon. I'd forgotten about that. So beautiful to see yall there with Mia. Just a couple more days and we'll have you home! Love you!

    ReplyDelete