Mia Qing Wilson

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 13 - Consulate Appointment

December 28th - “Clap your hands, all you nations, shout to God with cries of JOY.  How awesome is the Lord Most High, the great King over ALL the earth!.”
Psalm 47:1-9

Praise God!! Today was our final adoption paperwork appointment here in China.  We all went to the U.S.  Consulate to take an oath for our Chinese child.  When you have your first point of entry into the United States your child automatically becomes a citizen at that time.  So Mia will become a citizen when we enter the Houston International airport on Friday.  We had to swear an oath as a group.  It went by so fast.  We were not allowed to take a camera with us, so I don't have the moment documented.  After the consulate appointment we went to see a new part of the city.  The architecture was incredible.  The city has spent billions of dollars on renovations.  This is funded by taxing the citizens.  They have a tax rate that is over 50%.  It was incredible to see and you cannot capture the awe on film.  

Tomorrow we will be heading to Hong Kong for the final journey home.  This has been an incredible journey that could only be designed by God.  If someone would have told me two years ago that I would be in Guangzhou China for Christmas getting the most precious Christmas gift ever, I would have told them they were crazy.  It is so amazing where God will take you when you trust your heart and follow  His calling.   Are there hard times ahead?  Absolutely, but with God all things are possible.  "You can take the child out of the institution, but then you must take the institution out of the child."  Before our trip here there were days that I was so stricken with fear.   Adoption is a huge responsibility.   I have come to realize that the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.  I look at each child in our adoption group and it amazes me how each one is a perfect fit  for that particular family.  

I have tried to bring my sense of wonder with me on this trip.  There has been incredible beauty and deep sadness that can't be described in words on a blog.  I have learned that a smile is universal and I have a new found appreciation for the freedoms that America offers.  

So looking forward to American soil.  Thank you for reading our blog and following this incredible journey with us.  We appreciate every comment and love you all.  See you soon.

Playground Fun

Iced Tea in China


Buildings in Guangzhou 


3 comments:

  1. Love you! When do you get in, Houston time? Can't wait to hear from you!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela,

    This is AMAZING! Each day I look at your blog and follow your journey. I can't wait to meet Mia. You know when she gets used to being home, you will have to bring her to Keith!! Have a safe journey home!

    Heather Graff

    ReplyDelete