Mia Qing Wilson

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Homecoming Senior Mum

Rachael's Creation

Rachael Surprised Michael

Beautiful job Rachael!!

He Loves It!!
Here in Texas we are getting ready for homecoming next week.  It is a tradition that the girls give the boys a garter to wear on their arm and the boys give the girls a mum to wear.  Since Michael's date for homecoming was a senior last year we don't do a mum for her this year.   If you are not familiar with these monstrosities let me tell you the "bigger the better."  In fact they are quite ridiculous and a total waste of money, but you gotta have your mum.  I remember when Rachael went to her first homecoming her mum even had lights.   Rachael has been waiting for several years now to create her brother's
"perfect senior garter."   So last night she and I had our mum making party.  The senior class mums are white and gold.  All other grades have the school colors. Michael came home last night and Rachael surprised her brother with his completed mum.   Can't wait for the game next Friday.  Go Mustangs!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this tradition. I love that mum. You ladies are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aunt Peggy!! Can't wait to see you when you visit. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Texas and our family here. It's been such a fun visit. I'll miss you kids. We love you very much.

    ReplyDelete