Mia Qing Wilson

Monday, December 26, 2011

Day Eleven - Sightseeing in Guangzhou

Hello Friends & Family,


Didn't get a blog posted yesterday for Christmas.  We had a good day, but missed having Christmas at home.  The church service was interesting.  The children did a program that was very cute.  The first nativity scene that I've seen with a frog, rabbit and a goat.  They were so precious.


Mia also had her first McDonald's meal.  Yes, our Christmas lunch was McDonald's.  We had an excellent dinner with our group at a Japanese Steak house here in the hotel.  The girls in our group are getting along well with each other.  I'm so happy to have a travel group to do things with.  I will mis our new friends, but I know we will keep in touch.


Today we went back to the medical clinic so they could check the girl's TB shots.  All turned out good.  We then went walking around the island to do some shopping and sightseeing.  It is such a beautiful place. I've seen these sights on other people's blogs and I can't believe that we are actually here.  


We have had Mia for one week now.  In some ways it seems like she has been a part of us forever.  Just a little bit out of reach until now.  She is definitely attached to her Baba and won't let him get too far out of sight.  I know she loves me, but if given a choice she wants him.  She does hug and kiss me, so I don't feel too bad.  From what I've read this is common for the child to attach to mainly one parent.


There is a beautiful park nearby that we are going to check out later.  Tomorrow we head to the Zoo.  Can't wait to see a panda bear.  Will close for now.  Hope you enjoy the pictures.  Such a beautiful place.  Hard to capture the beauty on film.


Love to all!

Christmas day at our hotel

Beautiful Shamian Island 

Kids from travel group


All four precious girls

4th floor of our hotel 

Shamian Island

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can get a picture of that panda. I saw one in Mexico City, (a very long time ago) it was on loan from China. A very big deal apparently judging from the very long line we waited in. I wish that I had a picture of that and that crazy song that they played over and over on the LOUD speaker. HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the 4 girls in 4 different solid colored coats...precious.

    ReplyDelete