Mia Qing Wilson

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Advent


Advent
Meaning the "coming," or "arrival."  We Christians celebrate Advent for the coming of the Christ child.  As I look at my own life I can see the parallel symbolism here. We started our adoption journey on August 17th, 2010.  Many seasons have passed and as we wait during the season of Advent, we too are waiting the "arrival," or "coming" of a child.  Not the Christ child, but a child from Christ. 


However, this waiting is excruciating.  Not knowing when the TA will come.  Praying that it comes today.  When it doesn't.  Hoping that it comes tomorrow.  They say a watched pot doesn't boil.  I've discovered a watched email doesn't arrive.  But, I know it will come in God's time.  Not a minute too early, not a minute too late.  Like the birth of Christ....perfect timing.






   

No comments:

Post a Comment