Mia Qing Wilson

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Homecoming & Wedding

Congratulations Cy-Ranch on winning your first ever homecoming game.  The mustangs won 34-21.  It was a great game.  Michael went to the dance on Saturday with Taylor and his friends.

Butch and I went to my friend Diane's wedding.  Diane was my student teacher last year at Keith Elementary and we became good friends.  It was a beautiful Vietnamese wedding.  I would say probably one of the best weddings I have attended.  However, it was an eye opening experience for us.  Sitting there in the church pew not understanding a single word at times and being only one of just a few caucasian people in the entire church, we realized how our new daughter is going to feel.   To look and sound completely different from everyone gives us a better understanding of how she will feel coming to a foreign place where the language, food and people are different from her.  I'm very happy we got to experience the occasion.  Just one of the many experiences God places in our lives to enrich us and help us to grow.      

No comments:

Post a Comment