Mia Qing Wilson

Friday, September 30, 2011

Adoption Update

This week we have been busy with paperwork.  Actually this has been over a year of non-stop papers and I only see more paperwork in the future.  Thank goodness I have Butch handling this for us.  He tells me where to sign and I sign.  What a blessing because I don't think I could keep all of this straight.  It is an unbelievable amount of documents to keep straight.    We sent off our Referral Acceptance one day and the next we sent off our Visa application information.  Needless to say we are still waiting for our travel information, but we do anticipate going sometime in December.

These next two months are going to fly by.  I just want to rush and get on the first airplane headed to China, but I know that we are not prepared yet.  Trying to read as many blog posts from other people who have gone before us.  Learning what to pack and expect while we are there.  One thing I've learned for sure...this is not going to be a vacation.  This will be a blur of an adventure filled with paperwork, sight-seeing, shopping, squatty potties, sickness, searching for American food, rushing here and there and not over-packing our 44lb per person weight limit!   Did I mention that there will definitely be some tears shed on this trip?  Those of you who know me, know there will definitely be some tears.  I can only bring home one child.

Whatever is in store for us it will be well worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment