Mia Qing Wilson

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mia's Name

I can't remember exactly when we decided to name our daughter Mia.   I have always loved the name and it just felt like a natural fit.  We were going to add the middle name of Joy because we liked that too.  However, since our "Mia" is older we have decided to keep her Chinese name of Qing as her middle name.  Today I thought it would be interesting to find out the etymology of the name Mia.  So, I googled it and was so astounded to find out the connection between Mia and Qing.  The following is what I found out.  Mia, originally Hebrew short for Michal (interesting that we have a son named Michael.)  Mia was a woman in the Bible who was a sister of Moses.  Hebrew meaning "deeply hoped for daughter."  When we received our paperwork from the orphanage they said that Qing means "the hope for her to be loved by others."

So I would say that this deeply hoped for daughter will definitely be loved by others.  Especially her family.  Thank you God for connections.  

1 comment:

  1. Love you guys!!! This blog is fantastic! Can't wait for our little onomatopoeia Mia :))))))
    xoxoxoxxoxo love big sis/peach!

    ReplyDelete